Monday 18 April 2011

Guest Blogger - George Neilson - RISE UP!

Good evening neighbours,

Anyone who knows me knows that after my family and my faith, my two biggest passions are: MY COUNTRY CANADA and THE BOSS, BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.

I felt the emotional pride swelling inside of me when Michael Ignatieff told us to RISE UP.

Yes in the words of the poet Bruce Springsteen, Ignatieff said to us we need to RISE UP.

RISE UP to save democracy here in the Okanagan and all across our land.

This election is not a sure thing for Harper as some will tell us.

I look to other events and indicators to take my resolve from and I ignore the Rupert Murdoch agenda of the CTV and Nanos Polling.

I see teenagers, university students, unemployed youth organizing flash mobs across this country.

I see a website put out by 5 young people from BC called www.ShitHarperDid.com that went viral in hours with over a million hits before crashing and then after getting back up adding another half million before the day was done.

I see scandal after scandal coming from the Tories on issues of every kind and they are being reported on.

I see that one and a half million Canadians have taken the CBC vote compass and the Conservatives are angry because the vast majority discover they are Liberals.

I see that 4 million Canadian voters tuned into the English language debate, the same number of Canadians that watched last year's Stanley Cup, a clear indicator people are watching and forming opinions.

Who are those people?

To me it means that the great undecided voters (over 30% of all voters) and those that used to vote but have stayed away lately (some 20% of all voters) are taking notice and not just a casual interest.

Those people, the forgotten people are watching, they are adding their voice, they are taking action be it with YouTube, Margaret Atwood twitters getting a twit, flash mobs and watching the debates but now it is real and we can measure it.

In political history when a movement forms that has the power to turn a campaign around the first things that always appears is larger public involvement matched with the growth of the undecided voter.

They don't like what is happening, they want to be included and their involvement leads to change.

At a point unknown to most pundits and spinners that vote jells and makes a decision that will upset what most had thought was a sure thing.

Michael Ignatieff and John Kidder say to them and they say to us RISE UP.

Across Canada other Liberal candidates are saying RISE UP.

There are certainly plenty of issues to RISE UP for but today I discovered one more that makes me echo THE BOSS.

Jean Chretien and Paul Martin took huge Conservative deficits and debts and turned them into surpluses. For Seven years yes count them 7 years in a row Canada was voted the best country in the world to live in all under Liberal Leadership.

So who and when was the Last Conservative Prime Minister who managed to take a Canadian Deficit and turn it into a surplus?

The Right Hon. John A Macdonald in 1889.

That's a hell of a long time ago. Never before and never since.


Each one of us can help, we each need to do a little more. This is the time for all good Liberals to come to the aid of our party and.........

Join with me RISE UP.

Join with John Kidder RISE UP

Join with Michael Ignatieff RISE UP

BUT most of all, join with Canadians and RISE UP.


Thank you and God Bless
George Nielson

www.johnkidder.ca
John Kidder our next MP.


Follow John:


No comments:

Post a Comment